Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Candy Bar Blondies..


Happy New Year everyone! I suppose everyone has heard that milliooonns of times by now! Ah well, everyone loves a party! Another reason to celebrate, eh!


2013 was a big year for my blog! Because, well, I started it! I began my blog back in July and am loving it! I have had some great opportunities and very kind people help me along the way. They haven given me advice and encouragement, and for those, I am thankful!


I know I don't have the most popular blog in the world (clearly!!!) but I still love what I do, and I can't wait for it to grow during 2014! Maybe someday I will be like Sally or even Lindsey, who I have a major blog crush on!!


Anyway, I hope all my readers have fantastic New Year celebrations and enjoy 2014, fulfilling their hopes and dreams throughout it! 


Now, it this is recipe post?

Why yes, it is!

Today I am sharing with you, my recipe for my candy-loaded Blondie's! Like brownies, only blond.. And have candy stuffed into every slice!

These and super tasty, with your favourite candy in every bite and oozing chocolate coming for the sides!

These were made extra tasty, by using Butlers white cooking chocolate. This chocolate is from an Irish company called Butlers. They are one of Irelands favourite chocolatiers and all their produce is super tasty! The high quality can really be tasted, when you take a bite, and the chocolate oozes out! Simply.Perfect.

Ingredients:

100g Butter
150g Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Tbls Golden Syrup
210g Self-Raising Flour
10g Custard Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
150g Butlers white cooking chocolate (Or any other good quality chocolate)
100g Candy Bars (A mixture- Mars/KitKat/Toffee Crisp etc.)
30g Marshmallows

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a brownie tin.

2. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Then one by one, beat in the eggs until fully combined.

3. Then, add the golden syrup and mix again until fully combined.

4. Using a sieve, add in the flour, custard powder and baking powder. Mix on a low speed until all the flour is evenly combined.

5. Using the spatula, add in the chocolate, bars and marshmallows. Stir until just combined.

6. Spread evenly into the prepared tin and bake for 15-18 minutes.

After that, take it out and cut into squares. Theres only more step... Indulge!


Siobhán
x




3 comments:

  1. Love the sound of these! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete