Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Recently, my mother and I headed to Cork city. We wanted to do some Christmas shopping!

I decided it would be a nice day to head to the Cork English market. Because it was a Saturday, it was super dooper busy. But I liked it

Everyone was admiring the food, buying gifts and in the festive spirit! The market itself was done up for the season, with lights on the ceiling and decorations in the stands.


I browsed amongst all the food, picking out herbs and staples for cooking and baking. I love the market because all the produce is of good quality and some even organic.

If you ever go there, ensure to visit the baking and bread stalls. To get there.. just follow your nose! The smell of these stands are amazing with breads form all over the world and sweet treats that would leave you licking your lips!


Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. I love decorations and Cork city didn't fail to disappoint! The shopping centres and streets were covers in decor, with sleighs and trees around every corner. There is no doubt that you wouldn't be smiling if you looked at the sights to be seen!



After a long day of shopping, we decided to hit up a late lunch at a local cafe. I opted for the Tuna melt wrap. My mother decided to get even more into the festive season and go for the Christmas special; a sandwich with cranberry sauce, turkey and stuffing. Could you get anymore Christmassy?


That brought an end to my day! I love shopping and even more when you can wrap up in a coat and scarf and hit the shops. 

For now, the countdown to Christmas is well and truly on its way! Hurry on Santa :)


Siobhán
x

No comments:

Post a Comment